Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Blog Post #1

File:Google news logo.png - Wikimedia Commons


The first source of information I use most frequently is the Google News App on my iPhone. At the moment, I am not very active on social media and have begun to use this app instead. Google News is an outlet created by Google, and I use it to follow different sources that interest me. Such as the entertainment industry, ABC, Men’s health, etc. I prefer this app as opposed to others when I became attracted to the simplicity of the user interface. It seems to be a bit more clean and organized than some social media platforms that I've used in the past. Furthermore, it allows me to follow the sources I wish to see. I would recommend the Google News App, because of its simplicity and convenience. 



File:Logo of YouTube (2015-2017).svg - Wikimedia Commons


Next, the second source of information I use on a day-to-day basis is my YouTube account. I enjoy YouTube because of the wide variety of the platform. Some would say that YouTube itself is like Google News but in video form. This is not entirely wrong, however, I believe YouTube offers something special. Being a video platform, It allows creators to publish long-form content and convey large portions of information from many perspectives. I have been actively watching YouTube for a long time, and use it to primarily follow topics that interest me. Which for the most part, is Entertainment. ( Films, TV, etc ) I am a visual learner and would recommend YouTube to those who learn visually as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/


Download Instagram Logo Photo Royalty-Free Stock Illustration Image -  Pixabay


My Third source of information is my Instagram Account. Instagram is a social media platform where accounts post videos and images across a wide variety of topics and sources. As I mentioned before, I have not been very active on my social media lately. However, my Instagram account remains a very prominent source of information. Similar to Google News, I enjoy Instagram due to its customization and personalization capabilities. I enjoy following different sources, people, industries, and news outlets, and viewing their posts. Instagram is one of the largest and ongoing social media platforms today, and I would recommend it mainly to younger audiences, as that seems to be the primary audience.

https://www.instagram.com/



Major Changes To Your LinkedIn Profile You Need To Know About


My fourth source of information would be my LinkedIn account. LinkedIn is a special case, as my usage of this platform is very specific. I check LinkedIn pretty frequently based on my career and professional development journey. I have made professional connections with other students and advisors from the High Point University Career Office. My history with LinkedIn is more focused on an information perspective, more so than a standard news outlet. Building connections and establishing credibility in the professional world, are my primary reasons for using LinkedIn. Going Forward, I will continue to use this program in my pursuit of securing a summer internship. I would recommend LinkedIn to students with similar goals. 

https://www.linkedin.com/login



High Point University - Requirements + Data | CollegeVine


My final source is the High Point University website. I enjoy this site because it offers informative updates and news regarding HPU. As an enrolled student, I use this site to keep up with events currently being held on campus, academic schedules, and various announcements coming from the university. Additionally, I enjoy this website’s user interface and presentation. I recommend it to all university students who are interested in receiving updates from High Point in terms of events, admissions, and general information.

https://www.highpoint.edu/


Additional HPU Links:


https://engage.highpoint.edu/upcoming-events


https://www.highpoint.edu/community/engagement/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matthew McGovern's Final Blog Post

I believe that technology's role in society can be summed up into one statement. It's Here To Stay. If we were to compare the daily ...